Author:Alfred Comyn Lyall
|←Author Index: Ly||Alfred Comyn Lyall
|British civil servant, literary historian, and poet|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. C. L."
- 'The Rise and Expansion of British Dominion in India
- "The Ameer's Message" in Littell's Living Age, 162 (2098)
- "Afghanistan," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
- "Abdur Rahman Khan," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Works about LyallEdit
- "Lyall, Sir Alfred Comyn, K.C.B., etc.," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Lyall, Alfred Comyn," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.