- First lessons in botany: designed for common schools in the United States (1849)
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries where science is taught, being outlines of the structure, physiology and classification of plants : Illustrated by a flora of the northern United States particularly New England and New York (1861)
- Leaves and flowers; or, Object lessons in botany (1866)
- American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants; together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the American union (1873)
- How To Study Plants, Introduction To Botany, Being An Illustrated Flora (1882)
- Lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants, for schools and academies (1889)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.