Author:Arthur Irwin Dasent
|←Author Index: Da||Arthur Irwin Dasent
|George Webbe DasentAssistant Clerk in the House of Commons; son of |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "A. I. D."
- The History of St. James's Square and the Foundation of the West End of London: With a Glimpse of Whitehall in the Reign of Charles the Second (1895)
- John Thadeus Delane, editor of "The Times" : his life and correspondence (1908) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- The speakers of the House of Commons from the earliest times to the present day with a topographical description of Westminster at various epochs & A brief record of the principal constitutional changes during seven centuries (1911) (external scan)
- Piccadilly in three centuries, with some account of Berkeley Square and the Haymarket (1920) (external scan)
- The story of Stafford House, now the London Museum (1921) (external scan)
- Nell Gwynne, 1650-1687: Her Life Story from St. Giles's to St. James's with Some Account of Whitehall and Windsor in the Reign of Charles the Second (1924)
- The Private Life of Charles the Second (1927)
- A History of Grosvenor Square (1935)
- "Irwin, John," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "A Memoir of Sir Geo. Dasent" in Popular Tales from the Norse (1903)
- "The Heart of Mayfair"
- "Pall Mall and St. James's,"
- contributed to
- the Nineteenth Century
- the National Review
- wrote letters to The Times
Works about DasentEdit
- "Obituary: Mr. A. I. Dasent, Nephew and Biographer of Delane," in The Times (1939)
- "Dasent, Arthur Irwin," in Thom's Irish Who's Who (p. 55), Dublin: Alexander Thom & Co. (1923)