Author:Benjamin Collins Brodie (1817-1880)
|←Author Index: Br||Benjamin Collins Brodie
|2nd Baronet; English chemist. 1850 Royal Medalist. Not to be confused with his father, also Sir Benjamin Collins Brodie, psychologist and surgeon.|
- "Synthesis of the Chemical Elements," Proceedings of the Ashmolean Society. (1843)
- "Investigations of the Chemical Nature of Wax," Philosophical Transactions. (1848)
- "Observations on the Constitution of the Alcohol Radical and on the Formation of Ethyl," Chemical Society's Journal (1851)
- "On the Allotropic Changes of certain Elements," Royal Instution Proceedings. (1851)
- "On the Conditions of Certain Elements at the Moment of Chemical Change," Philosophical Transactions. (1850)
- "Note sur un nouveau procédé pour la purification et la désagrégation du Graphite." Annales de Chimie. (1855)
- "On the Atomic Weight of Graphite," Philosophical Transactions (1859)
- The Calculus of Chemical Operations (1866)
Works about BrodieEdit
- "Brodie, Sir Benjamin Collins, Bart. (2)," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Brodie, Benjamin Collins (1817-1880)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.