Author:Bernard Bolingbroke Woodward
|←Author Index: Wo||Bernard Bolingbroke Woodward
|Englishmen, librarian to Queen Victoria|
- The History of Wales’ London [1850–3], 8vo.
- The Natural History of the Year’ (originally issued in the ‘Teacher's Offering,’ 1851), London, 1852, 12mo; 3rd ed. 1863; revised edit. (so called) 1872.
- The History of the United States of America (by W. H. Bartlett as far as vol. i. p. 536), New York [1855–6], 3 vols. 8vo.
- First Lessons on the English Reformation London , 12mo; 2nd edit. 1860.
- First Lessons in Astronomy (5th edit. rewritten by B. B. Woodward), London , 12mo.
- First Lessons in the Evidences of Christianity (originally issued in the ‘Teacher's Offering,’ 1858–9), London [1860?], 12mo; 2nd edit. 1865.
- A General History of Hampshire (as far as p. 317, afterwards carried on by Theodor C. Wilks), London [1859–62], 4to.
- Encyclopædia of Chronology in conjunction with W. L. R. Cates, who completed it, London, 1872, 8vo.
- The History and Antiquities of Norwich Castle by his father, 1847, 4to.
- Barclay's Complete Dictionary of the English Language’ new edit. 1851, 4to, for which he wrote numerous articles, especially in biography and geography.
- Maunder's Treasury of Knowledge’ new ed. 1859, for which he wrote a ‘compendious English grammar,’ besides rewriting much of the rest.
Also wrote many articles and reviews for the ‘Eclectic Review,’ Sharpe's ‘London Magazine,’ the ‘Gentleman's Magazine,’ and other periodicals.