- La pluralité des mondes habités (The Plurality of Inhabited Worlds), 1862.
- Real and Imaginary Worlds, 1865.
- Lumen, 1867.
- Wonderful Balloon Ascents (under pseudonym "Fulgence Marion", 1870)
- Travels in the Air (1871) with James Glaisher, Wilfrid de Fonvielle, and Gaston Tissandier
- A History of Balloons and Balloon Voyages, (under pseudonym "Fulgence Marion", 1871)
- The Wonders of Optics, (under pseudonym "Fulgence Marion", 1871), translated by Charles W. Quin
- Récits de l'infini, 1872.
- The Atmosphere translated by James Glaisher (1874)
- The Wonders of Vegetation, (under pseudonym "Fulgence Marion", 1874)
- L'atmosphère: météorologie populaire, 1888.
- Astronomie populaire, 1880. His best-selling work, it was translated into English as Popular Astronomy in 1894.
- Les Étoiles et les Curiosités du Ciel, 1882. A supplement of the L'Astronomie Populaire works. An observer's handbook of its day.
- Uranie, 1890.
- La planète Mars et ses conditions d'habitabilité, 1892.
- La Fin du Monde (The End of the World), 1893, is a science fiction novel about a comet colliding with the Earth, followed by several million years leading up to the gradual death of the planet. It has recently been brought back into print as Omega: The Last Days of the World. It was adapted into a film in 1931 by Abel Gance.
- L'inconnu et les problèmes psychiques (published in English as: L'inconnu: The Unknown), 1900, a collection of psychic experiences.
Articles in Popular Science Monthly edit
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1928.
This author died in 1925, so works by this author are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 97 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.
Public domainPublic domainfalse