Author:Charles Badham (1813-1884)
For authors with similar names, see Author:Charles Badham.
|←Author Index: Ba||Charles Badham
|Charles Badham.English classical philologist, textual critic, headmaster, and university professor, active in England and even more so in Australia. Son of|
- Editions of
- Euripides, Helena and Iphigenia in Tauris (1851)
- Ion (1851)
- Plato's Philebus (1855, 1878)
- Laches and Eutzydemus (1865)
- Phaedrus (1851)
- Symposium (1866)
- De Platonis Epistolis (1866)
- Adhortatio ad Discipulos Academiae Sydniensis (1869)
- contains a number of emendations of Thucydides and other classical authors.
- Speeches and Lectures delivered in Australia (Sydney, 1890)
Contributed to classical periodicals such as Mnemosyne.
Works about BadhamEdit
- "Badham, Charles (3)," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.