|←Author Index: Ma||Charles Mackay
|English poet and journalist|
- History of London from its Foundation by the Romans to the Accession of Queen Victoria (1838)
- The Thames and its Tributaries, or Rambles among Rivers (1840), in 2 vols.
- Longbeard, Lord of London, a Romance (1841), in 3 vols.; 2nd edit. (1851) in 2 vols.; 3rd edit. (1869), in 2 vols.
- Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (1841) Project Gutenberg, Vol 1 (transcription project), Vol 2 (transcription project)
- The Scenery and Poetry of the English Lakes, a Summer Ramble (1846); 2nd edit. (1852)
- History of the Mormons (1851); 3rd edit. (1852); 4th edit. (1853); 5th edit. (1857)
- Life and Liberty in America (1859), 2 vols.
- The Gouty Philosopher, or the Opinions, Whims, and Eccentricities of John Wagstaffe, Esq. (1862)
- Cavalier Songs and Ballads of England from 1642 to 1684 (1863)
- Under the Blue Sky (1871)
- Lost Beauties of the English Language, an Appeal to Authors,’ &c. (1874)
- The Gaelic and Celtic Etymology of the Languages of Western Europe (1877)
- Forty Years' Recollections of Life, Literature, and Public Affairs (1830–1870) (1877), in 2 vols.
- Luck, and what came of it: a Tale of our Times (1881), in 3 vols.
- The Poetry and Humour of the Scotch Language (1882)
- The Founders of the American Republic (1885)
- Through the Long Day, or Memorials of a Literary Life during Half a Century (1887), in 2 vols.
- A Dictionary of Lowland Scotch (1888)
- Forty Years' Recollections
- Song of Life
- The Working Man’s Song
- Songs and Poems (1834)
- The Hope of the World (1840)
- The Salamandrine, or Love and Immortality (1842); 2nd edit. (1853); 3rd edit. (1856)
- Legends of the Isles and Other Poems (1845)
- Voices from the Crowd, and Town Lyrics (1846); 4th edit. (1851); 5th and revised edit. (1857)
- Voices from the Mountain (1847); 2nd edit. (1857)
- Town Lyrics (1848)
- Egeria, or the Spirit of Nature (1850)
- The Lump of Gold (1856)
- Under Green Leaves (1857)
- A Man's Heart (1860)
- Studies from the Antique, and Sketches from Nature (1864)
- Interludes and Undertones, or Music at Twilight (1884)
- Gossamer and Snowdrift (1890)
Works about MackayEdit
- "Mackay, Charles," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Mackay, Charles," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.