- Michel de L'Hospital: Being the Lothian Prize Essay, 1899 (1900) Google Books
- A History of Germany: 1715-1815 (1908) IA
- Marlborough and the Rise of the British Army (1921) IA
- The Queen's Own Royal West Kent Regiment (1924) Google Books
- The Devonshire Regiment, 1914-1918 (1926) Google Books
- The Seventh Division, 1914-1918 (1927) Google Books
Works not yet in the public domain Edit
- The South Wales Borderers, 24th Foot, 1689–1937 (1937)—Copyrighted in the United States until 2033
- (as editor) A Royal Dragoon in the Spanish Succession War: A Contemporary Narrativen (1938)—Copyrighted in the United States until 2034
- (as editor) Supplementary Report on the Manuscripts of Robert Graham Esq. of Fintry (1940)—Copyrighted in the United States until 2036
- The Dorsetshire Regiment: the Thirty-Ninth and Fifty-Fourth Foot and the Dorset Militia and Volunteers (1947)—Copyrighted in the United States until 2043
- A History of the 1st (P.W.O.) Battalion (1950)—Copyrighted in the United States until 2046
Contributions to the Dictionary of National Biography Edit
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1928.
This author died in 1964, so works by this author are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 58 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.
Public domainPublic domainfalse