- Life and Times of General Washington London, T. Tegg and Son, 1835-36.
- Introduction to A view of the principal deistical writers, that have appeared in England in the last and present century London, Printed for T. Tegg and son [etc., etc.] 1837.
- John Milton; a biography. Especially designed to exhibit the ecclesiastical principles of that illustrious man. London, Cockshaw, 1851.
- Cicero's Three books Of offices, or Moral duties: also his Cato Major, an essay on old age; Laelius, an essay on friendship; paradoxes; Scipio's dream; and Letter to Quintus on the duties of a magistrate. Literally translated, with notes, designed to exhibit a comparative view of the opinions of Cicero, and those modern moralists and ethical philosophers
- Livy The History of Rome 1850
- From the Founding of the City trans. epitomes.