Author:Edmund Clarence Stedman
|←Author Index: St||Edmund Clarence Stedman
American poet, critic, and essayist
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. C. S."
- Victorian Poets (1875)
- Edgar Allan Poe (1881)
- Poets of America (1885)
- The Nature and Elements of Poetry (1892)
- Genius, and other essays (1911)
- Poems, Lyrical and Idyllic, 1860
- Alice of Monmouth: an Idyl of the Great War with other poems, 1864
- A Reconstruction Letter, 1866
- The Blameless Prince, and other poems, 1869
- Complete Poetical Works, 1875
- Hawthorne, and other poems, 1877
- Lyrics and Idylls, 1879
- The poetical works of Edmund Clarence Stedman, 1885, etc.
- Poems, now first collected, 1897
- Mater Coronata, 1900
- The poems of Edmund Clarence Stedman, 1908
- Victorian Anthology, 1895
- American Anthology, 1787-1899, 1900
- A Library of American Literature, (eleven volumes, 1888-90)
- Works of Edgar Allan Poe (ten volumes, 1895)
- Life and Letters of Edmund Clarence Stedman (two volumes, New York, 1910)
- Raven; illus. by Gustave Dore. With comment by Edmund C. Stedman. N. Y., 1884. (Folio)
- "To the Reader", an introduction to The Garden of Years and Other Poems by Guy Wetmore Carryl (1904).
- To Florence Earle Coates, 29 December 1904.
Contribution to Appletons'Edit
- “Taylor, Bayard,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)