Author:Edward Dutton Cook
|←Author Index: Co||Edward Dutton Cook
|Novelist; theatre critic for the Pall Mall Gazette, later for The World; assistant editor of the Cornhill Magazine |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "E. D. C." or "D. C."
- Paul Foster's Daughter (1861) in 3 vols. v.1
- The Prodigal Son, serialized in Once a Week in 1862 and published in 3 vols. in 1863
- Leo (1863) in 3 vols. v.1
- The Trials of the Tredgolds (1864) in 3 vols.
- "George Venn and the Ghost" in London Society, 8 (1865)
- Sir Felix Foy, Bart (1865) in 3 vols. v.3
- Hobson's Choice (1867)
- Dr. Muspratt's Patients, and Other Stories (1868)
- Over Head and Ears (1868)
- Young Mrs. Nightingale (1874)
- The Banns of Marriage (1875)
- Doubleday's Children (1877)
- Criticism and journalism
- "Notes on Dandies" in Once a Week, Series 1, 10 (1864)
- Art in England (1869)
- A Book of the Play: Studies and Illustrations of Histrionic Story, Life, and Character (1876)
- Hours with the Players (1881) in 2 vols.
- Nights at the Play: A View of the English Stage (1883)
- On the Stage: Studies of Theatrical History and the Actor's Art (1883) in 2 vols.
- Abbot, William
- Abington, Frances
- Addison, Laura
- Aickin, Francis
- Aickin, James
- Allingham, John Till
- Anderson, John Henry
- Andrews, Miles Peter
- Anspach, Elizabeth, Margravine of
- Archer, Thomas (d.1848)
- Armin, Robert
- Arnold, Samuel James
- Astley, Philip
- Aston, Anthony
- Atkinson, Joseph
- Atwell, Hugh
- Ayscough, George Edward