Author:Ernest Leopold Ahrons
|←Author Index: Ah||Ernest Leopold Ahrons
|British engineer and author on railway locomotives. Some of his early work was written under the psudonym ‘Meteor’.|
- The Development of British Locomotive Design (1914).
- Repairing of Locomotives (1920).
- The Steam Railway Locomotive (1920).
- Lubrication of Locomotives (1921).
- Steam Locomotive Construction and Maintenance (1921).
- Steam Engine Valves and Valve Gears (1921).
Papers for engineering institutionsEdit
- The internal disturbing forces in and balancing of locomotives (with special reference to three- and four-cylinder engines) (1914).
Articles for magazinesEdit
Posthumous collections of aboveEdit
- The British Steam Railway Locomotive 1825–1925 (1927). Based on articles published in The Engineer magazine. (external scan)
- Locomotive and train working in the latter part of the nineteenth century 6 volumes (1951–1954); Leslie Lewis Asher (ed.) Based on articles published in The Railway Magazine