|←Author Index: Gr||Sir George Grove
|Macmillan's Magazine from 1868 to 1883; first Director of the Royal College of Music (1882-1894) Engineer and later English author specialized in music, authority on Beethoven, Schubert and Mendelssohn. Secretary of the Sociey of Arts; first Secretary of the Crystal Palace Company; editor of |
This author wrote articles for A Dictionary of Music and Musicians.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DMM by the initials "G."
- Syrian Legends:
- Life of Mozart (1882) (external scan)
- Beethoven's Ninth Symphony (1882) (transcription project)
- Geography (1889) (external scan)
- Beethoven and His Nine Symphonies (1903) (external scan)
Works about GroveEdit
- "Death of Sir George Grove," in The Times (1900)
- "Funeral of Sir George Grove," in The Times (1900)
- "Grove, George," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Grove, George," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Grove, Sir George," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)