Author:George Smith (1815-1871)
For authors with similar names, see Author:George Smith.
|←Author Index: Sm||George Smith
|(a.k.a. 施美夫) was a missionary in China and the first bishop of Victoria (Hong Kong).|
- China, her future and her past: Being a charge delivered to the Anglican clergy in Trinity Church, Shanghae, on October 20, 1853. London, 1854.
- Ten weeks in Japan. London, 1861.
- The case of our West-African cruisers and West-African settlements fairly considered. London, 1848.
- Lewchew and the Lewchewans: Being a narrative of a visit to Lewchew or Loo Choo, in October, 1850. London, 1853. About the Ryukyu Islands.
- Our national relations with China: Being two speeches delivered in Exeter Hall and in the Free-Trade Hall, Manchester. London, 1857.
- A narrative of an exploratory visit to each of the consular cities of China, and to the islands of Hong Kong and Chusan, in behalf of the Church Missionary Society, in the years 1844, 1845, 1846. London: Seeley, 1847 [digitized by University of Hong Kong Libraries, Digital Initiatives, "China Through Western Eyes."]