Author:George Somes Layard
|←Author Index: La||George Somes Layard
|English writer and biographer |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "G. S. L."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "G. S. L."
- The Life and Letters of Charles Samuel Keene (1892) (external scan)
- Tennyson and his pre-Raphaelite illustrators. A book about a book (1894) (external scan)
- Mrs. Lynn Linton ; her life, letters, and opinions (1901) (external scan)
- Kate Greenaway (1905) with Marion Harry Spielmann (external scan)
- Suppressed plates, wood engravings, &c., together with other curiosities germane thereto; being an account of certain matters peculiarly alluring to the collector (1907) (external scan)
- A Great "Punch" Editor: Being the Life, Letters, and Diaries of Shirley Brooks (1907) (external scan)
- Portraits of Cruikshank by Himself
- Sir Thomas Lawrence's Letter-bag
- An Amateur Detective (1925)
Works about LayardEdit
- "Death of George Somes Layard," in The Times (1925)
- "Letter to the Editor: George Somes Layard," in The Times (1925)
- "Layard, George Somes," in Men-at-the-Bar (2nd ed.), by Foster, J., London: Hazel, Watson and Viney, Limited (1885)