|←Author Index: Ra||Hastings Rashdall
|English cleric and philosopher, who expounded a theory known as ideal utilitarianism; Dean of Carlisle |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "H. R-l."
- John Huss (1879) (external scan)
- The Universities of Europe in the Middle Ages (1895) in 2 vols. Vol 1, Vol 2
- Doctrine and Development: University Sermons (1898) (external scan)
- New college (1901) (external scan)
- Christus in Ecclesia: Sermons on the Church and Its Institutions (1904) (external scan)
- Ethics (1907) (external scan)
- The Theory Of Good And Evil (1907) in 2 vols. vol 1, vol 2
- The problem of evil ([1912?]) (external scan)
- Is Conscience an Emotion?: Three Lectures on Recent Ethical Theories (1914) (external scan)
- Conscience & Christ: Six Lectures on Christian Ethics (1916) (external scan)
- The idea of atonement in Christian theology (1920) (external scan)
Works about RashdallEdit
- "Rashdall, Hastings," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- The Life of Hastings Rashdall by P. E. Hastings