Author:Henry Clifton Sorby
|←Author Index: So||Henry Clifton Sorby
|English microscopist and geologist|
- On the Microscopical Structure of Crystals, 1858, Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society of London. external source
- The Bakerian Lecture: On the Direct Correlation of Mechanical and Chemical Forces, 1862-01-01 in Proceedings of the Royal Society of London external source
- "Unencumbered Reserch: A Personal Experience" in Essays on the endowment of research, 1876 external source
- Fifty years of scientific research. An address delivered before the members of the Sheffield Literary and Philosophical Society, at Firth College, on Tuesday February 2nd, 1897.
Works about SorbyEdit
- Henry Clifton Sorby (1826-1908) by John E. Wolff, 1916-12-01 in Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences Volume 51 v short work external source
- "Sorby, Henry Clifton," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
- "Sorby, Henry Clifton," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)