- Narrative of Travels and Discoveries in Northern and Central Africa: In the Years 1822, 1823, and 1824 (1826), in 2 vols., also by Dixon Denham, and Walter Oudney (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Journal of a second expedition into the interior of Africa, from the Bight of Benin to Soccatoo by the late Commander Clapperton of the Royal Navy to which is added The Journal of Richard Lander from Kano to the Sea-Coast Partly by a More Easterly Route (1829) (external scan)
Works about ClappertonEdit
- "Hugh Clapperton, the African Explorer", in Enterprise and Adventure (1870), by Ralph Temple and Chandos Temple
- "Clapperton, Hugh," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Clapperton, Hugh," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.