Author:Isidore Auguste Marie François Xavier Comte
|←Author Index: Co||Isidore Auguste Marie François Xavier Comte
|French philosopher, a founder of the discipline of sociology and of the doctrine of positivism. He may be regarded as the first philosopher of science in the modern sense of the term.|
- Republic Of The West Order And Progress, 1848
- A General View of Positivism, translated into English by John Henry Bridges,
- The Catechism of Positive Religion
- System of positive polity, (1852).
- Comte's philosophy of the sciences: translated by George Henry Lewes, 1853
- The Philosophy of Mathematics, from the Cours de Philosophie Positive, translated into English by W. M. Gillespie.
- The catechism of positive religion, 1858
- System of positive polity, 1875