Author:James Abram Garfield
|←Author Index: Ga||James Abram Garfield
|Chester Arthur; Republican House Representative from Ohio (1863–1881); Ohio infantry Major General (1861–1863). As president of the U.S., he was shot in July 1881 and died in September.20th President of the United States (1881), with|
- Inaugural address (4 March 1881)
Works about GarfieldEdit
- "President Garfield", by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “United States/Garfield, James Abram” by Alexander Johnston in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
- "Garfield, James Abram," by William Walter Phelps in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- "Garfield, James Abram," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Garfield, James Abram," in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- "Garfield, James Abram," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Garfield, James Abram," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- William Walter Phelps, “James A. Garfield” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- "Garfield, James Abram," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Garfield, James Abram," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- "England to America" in Littell's Living Age, 151 (1949)