|←Author Index: Bu||James Burgess
|C.I.E., LL.D., F.R.S.(Edin.), F.R.G.S., Hon. A.R.I.B.A.; Director General of Archaeological Survey of India|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. Bs."
- The Rock Temples of Elephanta (1871)
- The Indian Antiquary (1872 - 1884))
- Archaeological Survey of Western India
- (ed.) Fergusson's History of Indian Architecture
- 1889–94 published scientific papers in the:
- Philosophical Magazine
- Archæological Survey Reports
- Epigraphica Indica
- Temples of Somnath, Junaghar and Girnar
- The Rock Temples of Ajanta
- The Rock Temples of India (with J. Fergusson) (1880)
- Buddhist Art in India (1901)
Works about BurgessEdit
- "BURGESS, James". Who's Who, 59: p. 253. 1907.