- An essay on the population of Dublin, being the result of an actual survey taken in 1798 Dublin, 1805.
- History of the City of Dublin by Whitelaw, Warburton, and Walsh. Vol. 1 of 2, London, 1818.
- Parental Solicitude (Dublin, 1800)
- A System of Geography, of which the maps only (engraved by himself) were published
- An Essay on the best method of ascertaining Areas of Countries of any considerable Extent (Transactions of Royal Irish Academy, vol. vi.)
Works about WhitelawEdit
- "Whitelaw, James," in A Compendium of Irish Biography (p. 563), by Alfred Webb, Dublin: M. H. Gill & Son (1878)
- "Whitelaw, James," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.