- Barbarossa A tragedy. As it is perform'd at the Theatre-Royal in Drury-Lane. 1756.
- An estimate of the manners and principles of the times. By Dr. Brown, Author of the Essays on Lord Shaftsbury's Characteristics, &c. 1758.
- An additional dialogue of the dead, between Pericles and Aristides Being a sequel to the dialogue between Pericles and Cosmo. 1760.
- Essays on the characteristics. By John Brown, D.D. vicar of Newcastle. 1764.
- Sermons on various subjects. By John Brown, D.D. vicar of Newcastle. 1764.
- Thoughts on civil liberty, on licentiousness, and faction. 1765.
- On the female character and education : a sermon, preached on Thursday the 16th of May, 1765, at the anniversary meeting of the guardians of the asylum for deserted female orphans. By John Brown, D.D. vicar of Newcastle, and chaplain in Ordinary to His Majesty.
Works about Brown edit
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse