Author:John Brown (1715-1766)
|←Author Index: Br||John Brown
|British clergyman, and writer of plays and essays|
- Barbarossa A tragedy. As it is perform'd at the Theatre-Royal in Drury-Lane. 1756.
- An estimate of the manners and principles of the times. By Dr. Brown, Author of the Essays on Lord Shaftsbury's Characteristics, &c. 1758.
- An additional dialogue of the dead, between Pericles and Aristides Being a sequel to the dialogue between Pericles and Cosmo. 1760.
- Essays on the characteristics. By John Brown, D.D. vicar of Newcastle. 1764.
- Sermons on various subjects. By John Brown, D.D. vicar of Newcastle. 1764.
- Thoughts on civil liberty, on licentiousness, and faction. 1765. (transcription project)
- On the female character and education : a sermon, preached on Thursday the 16th of May, 1765, at the anniversary meeting of the guardians of the asylum for deserted female orphans. By John Brown, D.D. vicar of Newcastle, and chaplain in Ordinary to His Majesty. (external scan) (external scan)