|←Author Index: Do||John Dowson
- A Classical Dictionary of Hindu Mythology and Religion, Geography, History, and Literature (1879) (external scan)
- A Grammar of the Urdu or Hindustani Language (1908) (transcription project) (external scan)
- Editing for H.M. Elliot's The History of India, as Told by Its Own Historians: The Muhammadan Period (1867–77) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- "On the Geographical Limits, History, and Chronology of the Chera Kingdom of Ancient India" in the Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society
Works about DowsonEdit
- "Dowson, John," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.