- History and Antiquities of the County of Leicester (1795-1811), in 8 vols.
- A Collection of Royal and Noble Wills (1780)
- Select Collection of Miscellaneous Poems (1782), in 8 vols.
- History and Antiquities of the Town of Hinckley, in the County of Leicester (1782)
- Bibliotheca Topographica Britannica (1780–90)
- The Progresses and Public Processions of Queen Elizabeth (1788), with Richard Gough
- Advertisement to the Nineteen Volumes of Swift's Works (1801)
- General Preface to the Works of Jonathan Swift (1801)
- The History of the Four Last Years of the Queen (1758) (preface)
- General Index to the Nineteen Volumes of Swift's Works (1801)
- Corrigenda to the Nineteen Volumes of Swift's Works (1801)
- Addendum to the Nineteen Volumes of Swift's Works (1801)
As editor Edit
Works about Nichols Edit
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse