Author:John Seely Hart
|←Author Index: Ha||John Seely Hart
|American author, preacher, and educator; educated at Princeton and served there as an adjunct professor of ancient languages|
- A Brief Exposition of the Constitution of the United States for the Use of Common Schools
- An Elementary Grammar of the English Language: With an Analysis of the Sentence
- Class Book of Poetry: Consisting of Selections from Distinguished English and American Poets, From Chaucer to the Present Day
- Class Book of Prose: Consisting of Selections from Distinguished English and American Authors, From Chaucer to the Present Day
- Elements of Universal History, on a New and Systematic Plan
- Epitome of Greek and Roman Mythology (note: this text is in Latin)
- An Essay on the Life and Writings of Edmund Spenser, With a Special Exposition of the Fairy Queen
- The Female Prose Writers of America: With Portraits, Biographical Notices, and Specimens of their Writings
- First Lessons in Composition
- Language Lessons for Beginners
- A Manual of American Literature: A Text-book for Schools and Colleges
- A Manual of Composition and Rhetoric: A Text-book for Schools and Colleges
- In the School-room: Chapters in the Philosophy of Education
- Mistakes of Educated Men
- Punctuation and the Use of Capital Letters
- A Short Course in Literature, English and American
- Thoughts on sabbath-schools
- The Sunday-school Idea: An Exposition of the Principles which Underlie the Sunday-School Cause
Biographies of John S. HartEdit
This article incorporates text from Necrological Reports and Annual Proceedings of the Alumni Association of Princeton Theological Seminary. Volume I, 1875-1889. Princeton: C. S. Robinson & Co., University Printers, 1891. See pages 29-30. .
- Barnard, Henry, ed. "John S. Hart, Principal of the Philadelphia High School." Reprinted in The American Journal of Education vol. 5. Hartford, Conn.: F.C. Brownell, 1858. Pages 91-106. .
- Brown, John Howard, ed. The Twentieth Century Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans, "Hart, John Seely." Boston: The Biographical Society, 1904. .
- Gilman, Daniel Coit, ed. The New International Encyclopædia, "Hart, John Seeley." [sic] New York: Dodd, Mead, and Company, 1903. .
- M'Clintock, John & Strong, James. Cyclopædia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature, "Hart, John Seely." New York: Harper & Brothers, 1889. .