Author:John William Mackail
- The Life of William Morris (1899) (transcription project)
- Pope: the Leslie Stephen lecture delivered before the University of Cambridge 10 May 1919 (1919) (external scan)
- Eclogues by Virgil (1889)
- US reprint, prose (1898) (external scan)
- versified edition (1908)
- Select Epigrams from the Greek Anthology (1890) (external scan)
- The Eclogues and Georgics of Virgil
- new impression (1910)
- new edition (1915) (transcription project)
- "Pervigilum Veneris" possibly by Tiberianus (1912)
- In Catullus, Tibullus, and Pervigilium Veneris in the Loeb Classical Library (1912)
Contributions to the DNBEdit
Works about MackailEdit
- "Mackail, John William," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Mackail, John William, LL.D., etc.," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Funeral of Dr. J. W. Mackail," in The Times (1945)
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1928.
The longest-living author of these works died in 1945, so these works are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 77 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.