Author:John the Baptist
For authors with similar names, see Author:John.
|←Author Index: Jo||John the Baptist
(7 BCE – 32)
|Jewish itinerant preacher and major figure in Christianity, Islam, the Bahá'í Faith, and Mandaeism.|
The following works are traditionally ascribed to John in one or more religious tradition:
Works about JohnEdit
- "John the Baptist" in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- "St. John the Baptist," in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- "John the Baptist," in Easton's Bible Dictionary (1897)
- "John the Baptist," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "John (II)," in A Dictionary of the Book of Mormon, by
- John the Baptist by Albert Newton Corpening
- Saint John Baptist by William Drummond
- St. John Baptist by Arthur O'Shaughnessy
- Salome and the Head by E. Nesbit