|←Author Index: Sc||Philip Schaff
|Swiss-born, German-educated theologian and a historian of the Christian church, who, after his education, lived and taught in the United States. |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature to the End of the Sixth Century A.D. (DCBL)
Articles attributed to this author are designated in DCBL by the initials "P.S."
- History of the Christian Church in 8 volumes.
- Creeds of Christendom, with a History and Critical notes, volume I, volume II and volume III
- The Creeds of the Evangelical Protestant Churches
- The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, European edition.
- Ante-Nicene Fathers, credited as an editor along with Arthur Cleveland Coxe, Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson
- Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers: Series I, as above
- Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers: Series II, as above
- Philip Schaff's Letter book, private correspondence from June 2, 1868 to August 26, 1881.
- "Melanchthon, Philipp," in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- A Dictionary of Hymnology, 1892, contributor