Author:Samuel Butler (1835-1902)
For authors with similar names, see Samuel Butler.
|←Author Index: Bu||Samuel Butler
|English author, literary historian and critic|
- Erewhon (1872)
- Life and Habit (1878) 
- The Authoress of the Odyssey (1897)
- Shakespeare's Sonnets Reconsidered (1899)
- Erewhon Revisited (1901)
- The Way of All Flesh (1903)
- A Psalm of Montreal (1890)
Works about ButlerEdit
- 1902: short note by The Zoologist, 4th series, vol 6, issue 734 (August, 1902), p. 320 (section 'Editorial Gleanings') about the death of Butler in
- "Butler, Samuel (author)," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Butler, Samuel," in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
- "Butler, Samuel (writer)," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)