- The Canoe and the Saddle – An account of the author’s adventures in Washington Territory in 1853
- “A Partial Vocabulary of the Chinook Jargon” – An addendum to The Canoe and the Saddle
- Isthmiana – An account of the author’s adventures in the Isthmus of Panama. Published with The Canoe and the Saddle
- Cecil Dreeme – A novel
- John Brent – A novel
- Edwin Brothertoft – A novel
- Life in the Open Air and other papers – An anthology of the author’s short works
Works about WinthropEdit
- The Life and Poems of Theodore Winthrop (1884), edited by Laura Winthrop Johnson
- "Winthrop, Theodore," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Winthrop, John," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889) Section on Theodore is written by Arthur Elmore Bostwick.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.