Author:Thomas Firminger Thiselton Dyer
|←Author Index: Dy||Thomas Firminger Thiselton Dyer
|English cleric (Rector of Bayfield, Norfolk); Pembroke College, Oxford |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "T. F. T. D."
- English folk-lore (1878) (external scan)
- Domestic folk-lore (pref. 1881) (external scan)
- Folk-lore Of Shakespeare (c.1883) (external scan)
- Great Men At Play (1889)
- The Folk-lore Of Plants (1889)
- Church-lore gleanings (1892) (external scan)
- The Ghost World (1893)
- Strange Pages From Family Papers (1895) (external scan)
- Old English social life as told by the parish registers (1898) (external scan)
- Royalty in all ages; the amusements, eccentricities, accomplishments, superstitions, and frolics of the kings and queens of Europe (1903) (external scan)
- Folklore of Women (190)
- British popular customs : present and past : illustrating the social and domestic manners of the people : arranged according to the calendar of the year (1911) (external scan)
Articles in Popular Science MonthlyEdit
- "The Will-O'-The-Wisp and its Folk-Lore" in Popular Science Monthly, 19 (May 1881)
- "Whistling" in Popular Science Monthly, 23 (June 1883)
- "Plants in Witchcraft" in Popular Science Monthly, 34 (April 1889)
Contributions to the Dictionary of National BiographyEdit
Works about DyerEdit
- "Dyer, Thomas Firminger Thiselton," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.