Author:Hiram Ulysses Grant
(Redirected from Author:Ulysses S. Grant)
|←Author Index: Gr||Hiram Ulysses Grant
|18th President of the United States (1869–1877), with Schuyler Colfax (186–1873) and Henry Wilson (1873–1875); Union and Army four-star General (1839–1854, 1861–1869).|
State of the Union addressesEdit
- First State of the Union address (6 December 1869)
- Second State of the Union address (5 December 1870)
- Third State of the Union address (4 December 1871)
- Fourth State of the Union address (2 December 1872)
- Fifth State of the Union address (1 December 1873)
- Sixth State of the Union address (7 December 1874)
- Seventh State of the Union address (7 December 1875)
- Eighth State of the Union address (5 December 1876)
- Executive Orders
- “Letter of General Grant concerning affairs at the south,” in Condition of the South (1865)
- Personal Memoirs of U. S. Grant, (1885 and 1886)
- “Testimony of General U. S. Grant,” in the Southern Historical Society Papers Volume 1, April 1876, regarding the treatment of prisoners in the Civil War
Works about GrantEdit
- Twain's telegraph to his wife regarding Grant, March 4, 1885
- “United States/Grant, Ulysses Simpson” by Alexander Johnston in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
- Horace Porter, “Ulysses S. Grant” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914. The text for this is based almost word-for-word on the Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography article. The illustrations are quite different.
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson” by Joseph McCabe in A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.