Inaugural addresses edit
State of the Union addresses edit
- First State of the Union address (6 December 1869)
- Second State of the Union address (5 December 1870)
- Third State of the Union address (4 December 1871)
- Fourth State of the Union address (2 December 1872)
- Fifth State of the Union address (1 December 1873)
- Sixth State of the Union address (7 December 1874)
- Seventh State of the Union address (7 December 1875)
- Eighth State of the Union address (5 December 1876)
- Executive Orders
- “Letter of General Grant concerning affairs at the south,” in Condition of the South (1865)
- Personal Memoirs of U. S. Grant, (1885 and 1886)
- “Testimony of General U. S. Grant,” in the Southern Historical Society Papers Volume 1, April 1876, regarding the treatment of prisoners in the Civil War
Works about Grant edit
- Twain's telegraph to his wife regarding Grant, March 4, 1885
- Horace Porter, “Ulysses S. Grant” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914. The text for this is based almost word-for-word on the Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography article. The illustrations are quite different.
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson” by Joseph McCabe in A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse