|←Author Index: Ra||Walter Raleigh
(c. 1554 – 1618)
|English writer, poet, spy, and explorer
Note that many alternate spellings of his surname exist, including Rawley, Ralegh, and Rawleigh; although "Raleigh" appears most commonly today, he himself used that spelling only once. His most consistent preference was for "Ralegh".
- The works of Sir Walter Ralegh (1751) vol 1, vol 2
- Brief and True Report of Virginia (1588)
- The Discoverie of the Empire of Guiana (1596)
- Historie of the World (1652)
- A Report of the Truth of the Fight about the Isles of the Açores this last Sommer, betwixt the Revenge, one of her Majesties Shippes, and an Armada of the King of Spaine
Works about RaleighEdit
- The life of Sir Walter Ralegh, knt (1806), by Arthur Cayley, in 2 vols.
- "The Sweet Trinity", anonymous ballad
- "Raleigh, Sir Walter" in Encyclopedia of Virginia Biography Volume 1, Lewis Historical Publishing Company, (1915)