Author:William Chambers (1800-1883)
For authors with similar names, see Author:William Chambers.
|←Author Index: Ch||William Chambers
|Robert ChambersFRSE; Scottish publisher and politician, brother of|
- Tracings of the North of Europe
- A History of the Gipsies
- The Book of Scotland (1830)
- A Gazetteer of Scotland (1832), in 2 vols., co-authored with Robert Chambers
- Tour in Holland and the Rhine Countries (1839)
- Glenormiston (1849)
- Fiddy, an Autobiography of a Dog (1851)
- Things as they are in America (1854) 
- Peebles and its Neighbourhood (1856)
- American Slavery and Colour (1857)
- Something of Italy (1862)
- A History of Peeblesshire (1864) 
- About Railways (1866)
- Wintering at Mentone (1870)
- Youth's Companion and Counsellor (1870)
- France, its History and Revolutions (1871) 
- Ailie Gilroy, a Scottish Story (1872)
- Memoir of Robert Chambers; with autobiographic reminiscences of William Chamber (1872) 
- Biography, Exemplary and Instructive (1873) 
- A Week at Welwyn (1873)
- Kindness to Animals (1877)
- Stories of Old Families and Remarkable Persons (1878), in 2 vols.
- Story of a Long and Busy Life (1882) 
- Chambers's Edinburgh Journal, 1st issue 4 Feb. 1832.
- Chambers's Information for the People (1833)
- Chambers's Educational Course (1835)
- Chambers's Miscellany of Useful and Entertaining Tracts
- Chambers's Encyclopædia (1859–68), in 10 vols.
Works about ChambersEdit
- "Chambers, William (1800-1883)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Chambers, William," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Chambers, Robert," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911), article includes a biography of his brother William