Author:William John Courthope
|←Author Index: Co||William John Courthope
|English literary scholar.|
- Addison (1884) (external scan)
- The liberal movement in English literature (1885)
- History of English Poetry (1895- ), in 6 vols.
- Life in poetry: Law in taste; two series of lectures delivered in Oxford, 1895-1900 (1901) (external scan)
- The three hundredth anniversary of Shakespeare's birth: a prize poem recited in the Theatre, Oxford, June 8, 1864 (1864)
- Ludibria Lunæ; or, The wars of the women and the gods, an allegorical burlesque (1869)
- The paradise of birds; an old extravaganza in a modern dress (1870)
- The longest reign: an ode on the completion of the sixtieth year of the reign of Her Majesty Queen Victoria (1897)
- The country town and other poems (1920)
- The Works of Alexander Pope (1871-1889), in 10 vols.
- Vols. 1-2 and 6-8 (1871-1872) edited by Whitwell Elwin; vols. 3-5 and 9-10 (1881-1889) edited by William John Courthope.
Works about CourthopeEdit
- "Courthope, William John, C.B., LL.D.," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Courthope, William John," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Courthope, William John," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)