Author:William Kirby (1759-1850)
For authors with similar names, see Author:William Kirby.
|←Author Index: Ki||William Kirby
|The "father of entomology"|
- Monographia Apum Angliae (1802, two volumes)
- Introduction to Entomology (1815-1826, four volumes, with William Spence)
- Strictures on Sir James Smith's Hypothesis respecting the Lilies of the Field of our Saviour and the Acanthus of Virgil (1819)
- "A description of some coleopterous insects in the collection of the Rev. F.W. Hope, F.L.S." Zoological Journal 3: 520-525 (1828).
- Fauna boreali-americana 1829, (contributor)
- Seven Sermons on our Lords Temptations (1829).
- The History, Habits and Instincts of Animals (1835, two volumes).