|←Author Index: Sa||William Sanday
|British theologian and biblical scholar; Professor of Exegesis of Holy Scripture at Oxford between 1883 and 1895, as well as Lady Margaret Professor of Divinity and Canon of Christ Church between 1895 and 1919 |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "W. S."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. Sa"
- Outlines of the Life of Christ
- A critical and exegetical commentary on the Epistle to the Romans
- Form and Content in the Christian Tradition
- The Gospels in the Second Century
- The Criticism of the Fourth Gospel
Works about SandayEdit
- "Sanday, William," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.