|←Author Index: Sh||William Shaw
|Scottish Gaelic grammarian and lexicographer|
- An Analysis of the Gaelic Language (1778)
- A Galic and English [and an English and Galic] Dictionary, containing all the Words in the Scottish and Irish Dialects of the Celtic that could be collected from the Voice and Old Books and MSS. (1780), in 2 vols.
- An Enquiry into the Authenticity of the Poems ascribed to Ossian (1781)
- A Rejoinder to an Answer from Mr. Clark on the subject of Ossian's Poems (1784)
- Memoirs of the Life and Writings of … Dr. Samuel Johnson, containing many valuable Original Letters, and several interesting anecdotes, both of his literary and social connections. The whole authenticated by living evidence (anon.) (1785)
- Suggestions respecting a Plan of National Education, with Conjectures on the probable Consequences of non-descript Methodism and Sunday Schools (1801)
- The Life of Hannah More, with a Critical Review of her Writings. By the Rev. Sir Archibald MacSarcasm, bart. (1802).