- Encyclopædia Britannica, 1st ed.
- The Philosophy of Natural History
- A Treatise on the Theory and Practice of Midwifery (1752) (external scan)
- A Collection of Cases and Observations in Midwifery (1754), treated as Vol. II (external scan)
- A Collection of Preternatural Cases and Observations in Midwifery (1764), treated as Vol. III (external scan)
Works about SmellieEdit
- "Smellie, William (1740-1795)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.