- A Medical Glossary (1797)
- British Fauna, containing a compendium of the zoology of the British Islands (1807) (external scan)
- A conchological dictionary of the British Islands, (1819) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- A manual of the land and freshwater shells of the British Islands, (1831) (external scan)
- Conchylia insularum Britannicarum. The shells of the British islands (external scan)
- Natural History of the District (1830) (external scan)
- Edited and illustrated A General System of Nature, by Carolus Linnaeus, translated by Johann Friedrich Gmelin (7 vols. 1802) (external scan)
Works about TurtonEdit
- "Turton, William (2)," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.