|←Author Index: Wh||William Whitehead
- The Roman Father (1750)
- Creusa, Queen of Athens (1754)
- The School for Lovers (1762)
- On the Danger of writing in Verse (1741)
- Atys and Adrastus
- Ridicule (1743)
- Hymn to the Nymph of Bristol Spring (1751)
- The Sweepers
- Variety, a Tale for Married People
- The Goat's Beard
- Verses to the People of England
- A Charge to the Poets (1762)
- A Pathetic Apology for all Laureates, past, present, and to come
- Trip to Scotland
- Plays and Poems (1774), in two vols.
Works about WhiteheadEdit
- "William Whitehead", in The Lives of the Poets-Laureate, by W. S. Austin and J. Ralph (1853)
- "Whitehead, William," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Whitehead, William," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Whitehead, William," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911).