Non-fiction is an account or representation of a subject which is presented as fact. This presentation may be accurate or not; that is, it can give either a true or a false account of the subject in question. However, it is generally assumed that the authors of such accounts believe them to be truthful at the time of their composition. Non-fiction is one of the two main divisions in writing, particularly used in libraries, the other being fiction.
Essays, journals, documentaries, scientific papers, photographs, biographies, textbooks, blueprints, technical documentation, user manuals, diagrams and journalism are all common examples of non-fiction works.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Non-fiction books (1 C, 123 P)
- ► Encyclopedias (12 C, 19 P)
- ► Field notes (3 P)
- ► Governmental (12 C)
- ► Informational (2 C, 6 P)
- ► Journals (36 P)
Pages in category "Non-fiction"
The following 126 pages are in this category, out of 126 total.
- Central Park in Winter
- Certain Criticisms of Certain Tales
- The Subject I Know Least About/A Certain Man
- A Child's Journey with Dickens
- City and Borough
- City and Borough/Conclusion
- City and Borough/England
- City and Borough/Introduction
- City and Borough/Scotland
- "The City of Beautiful Towers"
- The City of Pleasure
- The Closing of the Shutters
- Collected Physical Papers
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/A Kangaroo Shoot
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/A Mountain Forest
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/An Australian Roughriding Contest
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/Dear Dermot
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/How I became a Butcher
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/How I began to Write
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/In Bushranging Days
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/Moonlighting on the Macquarie
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/Reedy Lake Station
- In Bad Company, and other Stories/The Horse you don't see Now
- Into the Crater of a Volcano
- The Intrigues, Amours, & Adventures of Rachel Cunningham
- The Jungle Fugitives/A Waterspout
- The Jungle Fugitives/An Heroic Woman
- The Jungle Fugitives/Throwing the Riata
- The Strand Magazine/Volume 1/Issue 1/At the Animals' Hospital
- The Strand Magazine/Volume 1/Issue 1/Fac-simile of the Notes of a Sermon of Cardinal Manning
- The Strand Magazine/Volume 1/Issue 1/Portraits of Celebrities at Different Times of Their Lives
- The Strand Magazine/Volume 1/Issue 1/The Metropolitan Fire Brigade
- Thirty Charades
- Through the Magic Door
- Translations from the Chinese/end matter
- Travels in Philadelphia