Open main menu

NEW KENSINGTON, a borough in Westmoreland co., Pa., 18 miles N. E. of Pittsburgh. It is on the Allegheny river and on the Pennsylvania railroad. It is the center of aluminum, steel, and iron foundries. There are also manufactories of glass and white lead. There are large deposits of coal in the neighborhood. The town contains municipal and school buildings and a general hospital. Pop. (1910) 7,707; (1920) 11,987.