A: What's your brother-in-law do?B: Yes, of course.
B: He's a diplomat.
A: What do diplomats do?
B: They travel a lot meet government people, and make important decisions.
A: Is he enjoying his work?
A: Find the present continuous forms in the Comprehensive Reading.
B: Find the "be+going to+verb" forms in the Comprehensive Reading.
C: Find the words which are made from the following verbs and nouns.
- He is carpeting.
- Manual labor is undergoing change.
- The U.S. has a labor shortage.
- Automation is changing jobs.
- Automation is creating new jobs.
- New careers are being created.
- He _____ a ditch. (dig)
- He _____ an operation. (undergo)
- He _____ in a technical high school. (teach)
- Society _____ rapidly. (industrialize)
- She _____ your question. (consider)
- She _____ my car. (drive)
- He _____ factory workers. (train)
- Life _____ fast in Korea. (change)
- Computers ______ many new jobs. (create)
- He _____ my broken watch. (repair)
F. Number the sentences in the first paragraph of the reading and tell whether they are fact or opinion.
G. Read the third paragraph. Write five sentences of your own agreeing or disagreeing with the sentences in the reading.