When any of the four pillars of government are shaken or weakened (which are religion, justice, counsel, and treasure), men need pray for fair weather.
It takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you have to run twice as fast as that.
I do like to be beside the seaside.
A: Would you like to go downtown with me after dinner this evening?
B: Why? What's happening?
A: Nothing much, but I have to buy a ticket for the soccer game tomorrow.
B: No, thanks. I need to catch up on my rest.
A: Do they like to complain a lot?
B: Not as much as you do.
A: Do you have to do that?
B: Not really. Why do you ask?
A: It bothers me.
A: I have to ask him something.
B: He looks busy.
Write responses as indicated using "want", "have", "need", and "like".
- My tooth hurts. I have to see the dentist.
- His stomach is upset. __________ the doctor.
- She enjoys music. __________ concerts.
- She likes music. __________ the concert.
- I failed history. __________ harder.
- He has bad eyesight. __________ glasses.
- I'm going to teach a class. __________ lesson plan.
- We finished the lesson. __________ test.
- I'm going to buy a car. __________ driver's license.
A. Make sentences out of the following groups of words.
- Young Taik wanted/continue his study/sociology.
- They decided/go/graduate school/University/California.
- Summer vacation/Su Bok/Changho/like/visit/homes/friends.
- Cho Su Bok needs/study/pass/English course this semester.
- I have/do/two years/advanced study /my Ph.D.
B. Write a paragraph based on the following questions:
- Do all teachers have to graduate from college in Korea?
- Do teachers need to receive a degree in education?
- How many years do you have to study?
- Does Korea need to have better teachers?