Executive Order 4421


Executive orders of June 19, 1912, and April 21, 1914, No. 1555 and 1920, respectively, reserving certain areas within the Tongass National Forest, Alaska, in and around the villages of Hydaburg and Klawak for use by natives of Alaska, are hereby revoked except as to the tract of land lying within the following described boundaries:


Hydaburg School Reservation No. 1. Beginning at Corner No. 1 in approximate latitude 55° 12′ N., longitude 132° 48′ W., a spruce post 4 feet high set in ground and a mound of stones at high tide line and scribed U.S.P.S. Cor. 1, from which Forest Service monument located at mean high tide line on Sukkwan Strait at the town of Hydaburg on Prince of Wales Island bears N. 25° W. 237.50 feet; thence N. 50° E. 83.20 feet to Corner No. 2, at edge of sidewalk at west side of Front Street; thence S. 26° E. 155 feet to Corner No. 3; thence S. 64° W. 85.80 feet to Corner No. 4 at the level of high water on Sukkwan Strait; thence meandering the mean high water line of said Strait N. 31° W. 66 feet and N. 15° W. 70.60 feet to Corner No. 1, the place of beginning, containing 0.29 of an acre, more or less;


Hydaburg School Reservation No. 2. Beginning at Corner No. 1 in approximate latitude 55° 12′ N., longitude 132° 48′ W., a hemlock post 3 inches square and 3 feet high set in ground and marked U.S.P.S. Cor. 1, from which F.S.M. on Sukkwan Strait beach at high tide line bears N. 26° W. 685 feet and from which the southwesterly corner of lot 2 of Hydaburg townsite bears N. 26° W. approximately 60 feet; thence N. 64° E. 225 feet to Corner No. 2; thence S. 20° E. 448 feet more or less to Corner No. 3 on the north bank of creek, N. 47° W. 132 feet and S. 67½° W., approximately 182 feet to corner No. 4 on the bank of creek at bridge abutment; thence N. 26° W. approximately 311.50 feet to Corner No. 1, the place of beginning, containing 1.46 acres, more or less;


Bayview School Reservation. Beginning at Corner No. 1 at the southeast corner of the old school survey, in the town of Bayview located on Klawak Inlet on west coast of Prince of Wales Island, a hemlock post 5 inches square and 2 feet high set in ground at edge of street line and scribed U.S.P.S. Cor. 1; thence N. 20° E. 400 feet to Corner No. 2; thence N. 70° W. 125 feet to Corner No. 3; thence S. 20° W. 240 feet to Corner No. 4; thence N. 70° W. 15 feet to Corner No. 5; thence S. 20° W. 160 feet to corner No. 6; thence S. 70° E. 140 feet to Corner No. 1, the place of beginning, containing 1.20 acres, more or less.


The areas released from such reservations are hereby restored to their former national forest status.

Signature of Calvin Coolidge
Calvin Coolidge

The White House,

April 17, 1926.


This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).