Henry IV Part 1 (1917) Yale/Bibliography
1. Maurice Morgann: An Essay on the Dramatic Character of Sir John Falstaff. London, 1777.
3. E. E. Stoll: Falstaff. Modern Philology, October, 1914. (Full of useful information, but a notable example of the insufficiency of mere "scientific" treatment of literature.)
II. Prince Hal.
1. A. C. Bradley: Oxford Lectures on Poetry. The Rejection of Falstaff. London, 1909.
III. General Criticism.
2. Henry N. Hudson: Shakespeare, his Life, Art, and Characters. Boston, 1872.
5. John Masefield: William Shakespeare. New York, 1911.
1. Beverley E. Warner: English History in Shakespeare's Plays. New York, 1894.