Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1995/Title I
TITLE I—INTELLIGENCE ACTIVITIES edit
SEC. 101. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS. edit
- Funds are hereby authorized to be appropriated for fiscal year 1995 for the conduct of the intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the following elements of the United States Government:
- (1) The Central Intelligence Agency.
- (2) The Department of Defense.
- (3) The Defense Intelligence Agency.
- (4) The National Security Agency.
- (5) The National Reconnaissance Office.
- (6) The Department of the Army, the Department of the Navy, and the Department of the Air Force.
- (7) The Department of State.
- (8) The Department of the Treasury.
- (9) The Department of Energy.
- (10) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- (11) The Drug Enforcement Administration.
- (12) The Central Imagery Office.
SEC. 102. CLASSIFIED SCHEDULE OF AUTHORIZATIONS. edit
- (a) SPECIFICATIONS OF AMOUNTS AND PERSONNEL CEILINGS—
- The amounts authorized to be appropriated under section 101, and the authorized personnel ceilings as of September 30, 1995, for the conduct of the intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the elements listed in such section, are those specified in the classified Schedule of Authorizations prepared to accompany the conference report on the bill H.R. 4299 of the One Hundred Third Congress.
- (b) AVAILABILITY OF CLASSIFIED SCHEDULE OF AUTHORIZATIONS—
- The Schedule of Authorizations shall be made available to the Committees on Appropriations of the Senate and House of Representatives and to the President. The President shall provide for suitable distribution of the Schedule, or of appropriate portions of the Schedule, within the executive branch.
SEC. 103. COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT ACCOUNT. edit
- (a) AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS—
- There is authorized to be appropriated for the Community Management Account of the Director of Central Intelligence for fiscal year 1995 the sum of $86,900,000. Within such amounts authorized, funds identified in the classified Schedule of Authorizations referred to in section 102(a) for the Advanced Research and Development Committee and the Environmental Task Force shall remain available until September 30, 1996.
- (b) AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL LEVELS—
- The Community Management Account of the Director of Central Intelligence is authorized 241 full-time personnel as of September 30, 1995. Such personnel of the Community Management Account may be permanent employees of the Community Management Account or personnel detailed from other elements of the United States Government.
- (c) REIMBURSEMENT—
- During fiscal year 1995, any officer or employee of the United States or a member of the Armed Forces who is detailed to the Community Management Staff from another element of the United States Government shall be detailed on a reimbursable basis, except that any such officer, employee or member may be detailed on a nonreimbursable basis for a period of less than one year for the performance of temporary functions as required by the Director of Central Intelligence.